Genestra HMF Intensive 50 - 30 Veg Capsules:
Delayed-release, shelf-stable probiotic formula.
Source of Probiotics. Helps support intestinal/gastrointestinal health. Could promote a favorable gut flora. Probiotics to supplement the normal intestinal microbiota following antibiotic therapy.
For adults and children over 11 years only: Probiotics to significantly reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Helps improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) such as bloating, satisfaction with bowel habits, and days with pain within 6 weeks. Helps manage symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Supports gastrointestinal health
- Provides 50 billion CFU per dose from a combination of four proprietary strains
- Formulated with acid-resistant and delayed-release capsules for targeted delivery to the intestines
- Convenient, once-daily capsule format
- Shelf Stable
HMF Intensive 50 is a shelf-stable probiotic formula that offers 50 billion CFU from a combination of four proprietary strains. These microorganisms have been used in a wide body of clinical research and are one of the most studied probiotic combinations worldwide.1-6 Research has demonstrated that these strains support a healthy gut flora and promote gastrointestinal comfort.1-4 In addition, these human-sourced strains were selected based on their high quality and viability, strong epithelial adherence, and naturally high tolerance to stomach and bile acid.7 To further enhance probiotic survivability through the stomach, HMF Intensive 50 is produced with delayed release capsules. Each capsule is formulated with unique polymer properties that resist stomach acid and delay the release of probiotics after swallowing, allowing for complete, targeted release in the intestines and optimal probiotic activity.8
|Medicinal Ingredients Per Capsule|
|Probiotic Consortium||50 billion CFU|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 & CUL-21)||38 billion CFU|
|Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
& Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)
|12 billion CFU|
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Delayed-release capsule (hypromellose, gellan gum), cellulose, stearic acid, silica.
Suggested Dose: Adults, Adolescents and Children (6 years and older): Take one capsule daily with a meal, at least two to three hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions and Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. If symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner.
Contra-Indications: Do not use this product if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment).
1. Madden, JA, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005; 5(6): 1091-1097.
2. Plummer, SF, Garaiova, I, Sarvotham, T, Cottrell, SL, Le Scouiller, S, Weaver, MA, Tang, J, Dee, P, Hunter, J. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2005; 26(1): 69-74.
3. Plummer, S, Weaver, MA, Harris, JC, Dee, P, Hunter, J. Int Microbiol. 2004; 7(1): 59-62.
4. Williams, EA, Stimpson, J, Wang, D, Plummer, S, Garaiova, I, Barker, ME, Corfe, BM. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 29(1): 97-103.
5. Garaiova, I, Muchová, J, Nagyová, Z, Wang, D, Li, JV, Országhová, Z, Michael, DR, Plummer, SF, Ďuračková, Z. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015; 69(3): 373-379.
6. Allen, SJ, Jordan, S, Storey, M, Thornton, CA, Gravenor, M, Garaiova, I, Plummer, SF, Wang, D, Morgan, G. J Nutr. 2010; 140(3): 483-488.
7. Seroyal. Data on file.
8. Amo, R. Capsugel®. (2014). DRcaps® Capsules Achieve Delayed Release Properties for Nutritional Ingredients in Human Clinical Study. [White Paper].
Customers Also Liked