Genestra Berberis Formula 90 Capsules
|Medicinal Ingredient per dose:|
|Barberry (Berberis vulgaris)Root & Stem Extract(4:1)||200 mg/DHE 800 mg|
|Oregon Grape (Berberis aquifolium)Root Extract (4:1)||200 mg/DHE 800 mg|
|Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis)Root Std. Extract (10:1) (5% Hydrastine)||50 mg/DHE 500 mg|
|Barberry (Berberis vulgaris) Root||25 mg|
|Oregon Grape (Berberis aquifolium) Root||25 mg|
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Hypromellose, cellulose, silica
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, starch, yeast, gluten, corn, soy, salt, sugar, artifical coloring or flavoring, preservatives, dairy or animal products.
Quality Assurance Tamperresistant package. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
Recommended Adult Dosage (over 19 years): Take one capsule two times daily with meals or as recommended by your health care practitioner. May take up to one week to produce beneficial effects.
Cautions and Warnings:
If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your health care practitioner. If you have a kidney disorder, blood pressure problems, heart or respiratory condition, consult your health care practitioner prior to use. Consumption with alcohol, other medications and/or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if the following symptoms occur: nausea, vomiting, drop in blood pressure and/or difficulty breathing.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use.
Known Adverse Reactions:
High dosages of berberine can depress respiration, stimulate intestinal smooth muscle and reduce bronchial constriction.
1. Javadzadeh, SM, Ebrahimi, A. Sci. Agri. 2013; 1(2): 61-66.
2. Siow, YL, Sarna, L, O, K. Food Research International. 2011; 44: 2409-2417.
3. Chen, C, Yu, Z, Li, Y, Fichna, J, Storr, M. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2014; 42(5): 1053-1070.
4. Zhang, Y, Wang, X, Sha, S, Liang, S, Zhao, L, Liu, L, Chai, N, Wang, H, Wu, K. BFitoterapia. 2012; 83: 1014-1022.
5. Gu, L, Li, N, Gong, J, Li, Q, Zhu, W, Li, J. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2011; 203: 1602-1612.
6. Chen, DP, Xiong, YJ, Lv, BC, Liu, FF, Wang, L, Tang, ZY, Lin, Y. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2013; 65(5): 734-744.