Genestra Zinc Glycinate Liquid 450 ml
Genestra Zinc Glycinate Liquid 450 ml:
bioavailable liquid zinc formula.
• Provides 30 mg of zinc bisglycinate per teaspoon
• Helps to maintain immune function, as well as healthy bones, hair, nails and skin
• Aids in the maintenance of normal DNA synthesis and acid-base metabolism
• Delicious natural peach-tangerine flavour
Zinc Glycinate Liquid is a great-tasting mineral formula that provides zinc in the bioavailable form of zinc bisglycinate. Zinc is an important trace element in the body.1 It plays a key role in maintaining immune health by stimulating the production of immune cells, regulating natural killer cell activity and mediating cytokine production.1,2 Clinical research has demonstrated that daily supplementation with zinc helps to maintain immune function in adults and adolescents, as well as in the airways of children.3,4 Zinc also has a long history of use in dermatological health.5 It helps to maintain immune function in the skin, while promoting collagen synthesis to help maintain skin structure.6 Additionally, zinc has a role in maintaining hair and nail health, and maintains bone health by regulating bone formation and resorption.5,7-9 This mineral is also involved in a key buffer system that helps to maintain normal acid-base balance.9 Zinc Glycinate Liquid provides a bioavailable source of zinc to help meet daily zinc requirements. In one randomized crossover trial, zinc bisglycinate was demonstrated to have 43% higher bioavailability than zinc gluconate.10
|Medicinal Ingredients per 5Ml (1 Teaspoon)|
|Zinc (zinc bisglycinate)||30 mg|
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Purified water, glycerin, concentrated apple juice, xylitol, citric acid, natural flavours, potassium sorbate.
Recommended Dose: Adults and Adolescents (14 years and older): Take one teaspoon daily. Adolescents (9 - 13 years): Take 3/4 teaspoon daily. Children (4 - 8 years): Take 1/4 teaspoon daily. Take with a meal, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. If preferred, Zinc Glycinate Liquid can be mixed with juice or water. Shake well before use.
Risk Information: For adolescents (9 - 18 years): Zinc supplementation can cause a copper deficiency. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are unsure whether you are taking enough copper. Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, gluten, soy, artificial colouring or flavouring, dairy or animal products. Ideal for vegans. Quality Assurance: Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Chasapis, CT, Loutsidou, AC, Spiliopoulou, CA, Stefanidou, ME. Arch Toxicol. 2012; 86(4): 521-34.
2. Prasad, AS. Adv Nutr. 2013; 4(2): 176-190.
3. Eby, GA, Davis, DR, Halcomb, WW. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1984; 25(1): 20-24.
4. Rerksuppaphol, S, Rerksuppaphol, L. Pediatr Rep. 2016; 8(4): 63-7.
5. Gupta, M, Mahajan, VK, Mehta, KS, Chauhan, PS. Dermatol Res Pract. 2014; 2014; 709152.
6. Bhowmik, D, Chiranjib, Kumar, KPS. Int J Pharm Biomed Sci. 2010; 1(1): 5-11.
7. Finner, AM. Dermatol Clin. 2013; 31(1): 167-72.
8. Cashman, MW, Sloan, SB. Clin Dermatol. 2010; 28(4): 420-5.
9. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products Nutrition and Allergies. EFSA J. 2009; 7(9):1229.
10. Gandia P, Bour D, Maurette JM, Donazzolo Y, Duchène P, Béjot M, Houin, G. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2007; 77(4): 243-8.