Aor Glucosamine & Chondroitin 120 Vag Capsules
AOR Glucosamine & Chondroitin 120 Veg Capsules:
Protects Joints and Supports Cartilage Repair.
Glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate are components of the cartilage in joint tissue, supporting joint structure by aiding in the formation of connective tissue and protecting against the deterioration of cartilage from chronic joint diseases, while helping to relieve joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
- Two key joint health compounds in one formula
- Relieves joint pain from arthritis
- Provides clinically proven doses
Glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate are two components of joint cartilage and other types of structural tissue, making them important nutrients in those with joint pain. Both ingredients are commonly used for their ability to reduce pain and improve function in the joints of arthritis sufferers.
The main purpose of glucosamine and chondroitin is to provide structural support for joint cartilage. Chondroitin provides resistance against compression forces, while glucosamine provides support for both the cartilage and the synovial fluid surrounding the joints that helps cushion them and reduce friction. Therefore, these compounds are most often taken by those with osteoarthritis to reduce joint breakdown and pain.
Subjects supplementing with glucosamine and chondroitin have been able to reduce their use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and although these natural supplements take longer to provide relief than NSAIDs, their beneficial effects have been shown to last longer. Those with osteoarthritis and painful degenerative joint conditions will benefit from taking AOR’s Glucosamine & Chondroitin.
|Supplement Facts Per1 Capsule:|
|Glucosamine Sulfate KCl (vegetarian)||375 mg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate (bovine cartilage)||300 mg|
|Non-medicinal ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose. Capsule: hypromellose.|
Find Aor Supplements at healthpalace.ca
AOR guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish or shellfish.
(Adult): Take 3-4 capsules per day with food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. Allow a minimum of one month to see beneficial effects.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if symptoms worsen with ongoing supplementation.
- Glucosamine - vegetarian
- Bovine cartilage
- Sports injuries
- Cartilage regeneration
Clinical Applications of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulphate
Glucosamine is a very well studied joint-support supplement.
- A review of a number of clinical studies showed that over 90% of patients reported improvement of symptoms after taking 1 500mg GS daily for 50 days. Arthritis of the shoulder or elbow responded the best, while polyarticular arthritis of the hip had the poorer rate- 43% reported feeling better compared to 49% who reported no improvement. CS in various formulations produced similar effects. Co-administration of CS resulted in 72% reduction in the effective dose of NSAIDs required to relieve pain.
- Another study comparing Voltaren (a prescriptive NSAID) with CS showed that Voltaren produced a prompt reduction in clinical symptoms; however the symptoms reappeared quickly after the discontinuation of treatment. Patients treated with CS had a slower response to treatment, although the favorable response remained up to three months after discontinuation of treatment.
- Forty-two patients (aged 35-78) with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee received 800mg daily dose of CS or placebo for 1 year. After 3 months, joint pain was significantly reduced. The difference in pain reduction became even more marked after 12 months (63% vs 26%; p<0.01).
An Effective Combination
Studies using the combination of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine have demonstrated its effectiveness.
- In patients with capsulitis, disk displacement, disk dislocation or painful osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint, 1500 mg of glucosamine and 1200 mg of CS for 12 weeks reduced pain and joint tenderness, as well as the daily amount of over-the-counter medications required.
- In another study, glucosamine (1500mg/day) and CS (1200 mg/day) reduced pain in patients with knee osteoarthritis who had been suffering from moderate-to-severe knee pain.
Balci, A. et al., (1992). “Analysis of glycos-aminoglycans in human serum after administration of chondroitin sulfate.” Rheumatol Int; 12:81-88.
Clegg DO, Reda DJ, Harris CL, Klein MA, O’Dell JR, Hooper MM, Bradley JD, Bingham CO 3rd, Weisman MH, Jackson CG, Lane NE, Cush JJ, Moreland LW, Schumacher HR Jr, Oddis CV, Wolfe F, Molitor JA, Yocum DE, Schnitzer TJ, Furst DE, Sawitzke AD, Shi H, Brandt KD, Moskowitz RW, Williams HJ. Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and the two in combination for painful knee osteoarthritis. N Engl J Med. 2006 Feb 23;354(8):795-808.
Conte A, Volpi N, Palmieri L, Bahous I, Ronca G. (1995). “Biochemical and Pharmacokinetic aspects of oral treatment with chondroitin sulphate”. Arzneim. Farschi 45: 918-925.
Setnikar I, Giacchetti C, Zanolo G.(1986). “Pharmacokinetics of glutamine in the dog and in man”. Arzneim Forsch; 36: 729-733.