Natural Factors Vitamin D3 Drops 400 IU - 15 ml
Natural Factors Vitamin D3 Drops 400 IU - 15 ml:
A factor in the maintenance of good health. Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth. Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus. Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet, and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis. Helps prevent vitamin D deficiency.
Natural Factors Vitamin D3 400 IU drops contains 95% organic ingredients and is the preferred cholecalciferol form of vitamin D. A factor in the maintenance of good health, vitamin D helps in the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth, and supports immunity and mood.
- Aids in the absorption of calcium
- Strengthens bones and may prevent fractures
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- May decrease the risk of multiple sclerosis
- Liquid vitamin D3 delivers 400 IU in every drop
- Convenient delivery in a base of organic olive oil
- Packaged in brown glass bottles to counteract oxidation
|Medicinal Ingredients per Each serving/drop (0.03 mL):|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||400 IU|
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Certified organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic flaxseed oil, vitamin E.
Suggested Dose: take 1-2 drops daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Keep out of reach of children.
- The drugs cholestyramine (Questran), colestipol (Colestid), phenytoin (Dilantin), phenobarbital, orlistat (Xenical), and mineral oil all interfere with the absorption and/or metabolism of vitamin D and may require higher doses of vitamin D.
- Corticosteroids like prednisone increase the need for vitamin D.
- Vitamin D supplementation must be used with caution when using digoxin (Lanoxin) and thiazide diuretics.
- Consult a health care practitioner before using vitamin D if you are taking these drugs.
- People who have liver disease, kidney disease, primary hyperthyroidism, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis and lymphoma should consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
Typically known as the “sunshine vitamin” because ultraviolet rays on the skin produce it, vitamin D can also be obtained through supplementation. Natural Factors Vitamin D3 Drops is naturally derived from sheep wool lanolin, and is in the cholecalciferol form, which is the safer, natural, and more biologically active form of vitamin D.
Vitamin D plays a crucial role in bone growth and renewal as it stimulates the absorption of calcium. It also reduces calcium excretion and facilitates calcium incorporation into the bones, reducing the risk of developing osteoporosis or soft, brittle bones. Because of its role in calcium absorption, it is also important for the maintenance of healthy teeth.
Supplementation with vitamin D is especially important for those who live in the northern hemisphere, with long, dark, northern winters. It is especially important during the winter season as there is limited sunlight, and therefore the body isn’t able to produce its own vitamin D sufficiently.
Liquid Vitamin D3 400 IU from Natural Factors contains 95 % organic ingredients. The vitamin D3 is suspended in certified organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic flaxseed oil, and vitamin E, and the recommended dose is only 1-2 drops per day.